21 Club Burger
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 8 T. softened butter
- 2 T. finely chopped basil
- 1 T. finely chopped thyme
- 1 T. finely chopped parsley
- 3/4 pound freshly ground chuck (preferably with 22% fat content)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Buns or bread
- Sliced tomato
- Sliced red onion
- 3 T. olive oil
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Combine butter, 1 T. of basil, the thyme, and parsley and blend well. Place the mixture on a sheet of wax paper or aluminum foil and roll it into a sausage shape about 1 inch in diameter. Place in freezer for one hour or longer (until frozen solid)
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to high. Shape the meat into a ball, without kneading. With your finger, make a partial indentation through the center of the ball. Shove 1 T frozen butter into the center of the ball and close the opening. Flatten into a patty about 3/4 inch thick. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the meat on the grill for 3-4 minutes, until well seared on one side. Turn the meat and cook for another 3 minutes (until desired temperature).
- Brush the buns or bread with 1 T. of olive oil. Place oiled side down on the grill and cook briefly ,until lightly toasted. Turn and cook briefly on the second side.
- Place the tomato and onion slices in a small bowl and sprinkle with remaining 2 T. of olive oil, the lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Toss briefly.
- Place 1 slice of toasted bread on a plate, place the hamburger in the center, and cover with the second slice of bread. Serve the tomato and onion on the side to be added to the hamburger if desired.