Source of Recipe
Jen Karth / Jane McKinley (Baumann)
Serves 5 / 20 minute prep time / 45 bake time
* Pasta tubes can be stuffed up to 12 hours ahead *
Cover; Refridgerate. Prepare & bake as directed.
List of Ingredients
12 ounces (3 cups)Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 (16 ounce) can Refried Beans
10 uncooked dried Manicotti pasta tubes
1 cup Water
1 (10 ounce) can mild Enchilada sauce
1 (8 ounce) can Tomato sauce
1/2 cup Sour Cream
1/4 cup sliced Green Onions
1/4 cup sliced, pitted ripe Olives
1) heat oven to 375 degrees. In medium bowl combine 1 1/2 cups cheese & refried beans. Stuff uncooked pasta tubes w/ cheese mixture, pressing firmly into shells.
2) Meanwhile, in 4-cup glass measure combine water, enchilada sauce & tomato sauce. Microwave on HIGH until mixture is steaming hot (5-6 minutes). Pour 1/2 of sauce into 12x8 inch baking dish. Place uncooked stuffed tubes in dish, turning each to coat w/ sauce; top w/ remaining sauce.
3) Cover; Bake for 20 minutes. Turn shells over. Continue baking, covered, for 20 minutess. Uncover; Top w/ remaining cheese. Continue baking until cheese is melted
4) Dollop w/ sour cream; Sprinkle w/ green onions & olives. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.