Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat a large pot of boiling water.
- Peel potatoes, and keep submerged in cold water to prevent browning. Grate potatoes, by hand or with a food processor, into a large bowl. Squeeze out all the water using a kitchen towel. Stir in flour and salt. With a teaspoon, form a test dumpling. If it doesn't hold together, Stir in more flour.
- Form dumplings with a teaspoon and then squeeze together with your hands, and gently drop into boiling water. Allow dumplings to float freely. Gently stir with wooden spoon so dumplings don't stick together. Reduce heat to slow boil. Boil for 40 minutes.
- Drain in colander. Rinse with hot water. Serve with gravy or melted butter.
- *You can fry it with butter to get a golden crust or serve with brown gravy.