Sweet and Zesty Meatloaf
This is very tasty and even good for leftovers, also good for sandwiches toped with Boston lettuce.
List of Ingredients
- 2 1/2 lb. ground beef (hamburger steak)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 cup of BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup (I prefer hot ketchup)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 4 tbs. honey
- 1 tsp. mustard
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/3 tbs. Worchestershire sauce
- In a small bowl combine BBQ sauce, brown sugar, honey, ketchup, parlic powder, onion powder,Worchestershire, salt and pepper.
- Stir until smooth and set aside half of the sauce mixture.
- In a seperate bowl, combine ground beef, chopped onion, bread crumbs and eggs.
- Mix well, then mix in half the sauce and mix well.
- In a 9" x 13" glass baking dish, form the meatloaf and with your index finger make a small valley along the center of the top of the meatloaf.
- Take the remaining sauce and drizzle into the valley. Then smooth the sauce over the top of the meatloaf
- Cook in a 425 degree oven for 45 - 60 minutes or until the edges of the meatloaf begin to seperate from the sides of the baking dish.