Turnip and Onion Relish
Use this on your hot-dogs,beer-sausages or hamburgers.Can be processed for keeping.
List of Ingredients
- 5 cups shredded white turnip
- 2 cups fine chopped onion
- 4 tsp salt
- 4 cups sugar
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp yellow food coloring
- Combine turnip, onion and salt. Let stand for one hour. Drain.
- Combine sugar,vinegar,paprika and food coloring bring to a boil.
- Add drained turnip,onion mixture and simmer for one minute.
- Ladle into hot sterilized jars and seal. Process in boiling water bath for five minutes. Makes 3 pints.
Bet if you don't tell no one will guess turnips. This relish is a favorite of many people who won't eat turnips. Give it a try. I seldom process mine we eat it so fast.