- Shred cabbage very fine. Slice onion very thin
- Using a large bowl layer cabbage,onion sprinkling with some of the sugar.
- Repeat layering until all is used.
- In saucepan bring vinegar,pepper,salt,celery seed,dry mustard and sugar to a boil.
Remove from heat and stir in oil.
- Pour over cabbage and onion. Do not stir. Cover and Put in refrigerator for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Stir just before serving.
Pack any unused in freezer containers and freeze.
Thaw as needed for next meal.
I like to keep some in freezer for that special need.
This is really nice in summertime for picnic or grill