Tips for Wine Tasting
Source of Recipe
Offers suggestions of wine tasting
Tip of the Day: Tips For Wine Tasting
The next time you try a new wine, use these tips to help you taste and
appreciate all its characteristics.
* Swirl: Aerate the wine so flavors and aromas are more easily
* Smell: Do you recognize any aromas, good or bad? For example,
citrus, cut grass, ripe berries, tobacco, musty basements
* Taste: mouth-feel: Is it silky? Velvety? Scratchy?
* Body: Is it light? Medium? Full?
* Flavors: Taste any tropical fruits? Toasted nuts? Smoke?
* Intensity: delicate to intense
* Complexity: simple to complex
* Finish: short to long