Chocolatetown Spicial Cake
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1/2 c. hershey Coco
- 1/2 c. boiling water
- 2/3 c. shortening
- 1 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 c. unsifted flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/3 c. buttermilk or sour milke
- Stir together coco and boiling water until smooth, set aside. Cream shortening, surgar and vanilla in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs: beat well, combine flours, backing soda add alternately with buttermilk to creamed mixture
- Blend in cocoa mixture. Pour into 2 greased and floured pan.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 min. or until cake is done. cool 10 min. and remove from pan.
- **To sour milk: Use 4 tsp. veneger plus milk to equal 1 1/3 cs.