Devil's Food Peanut Layer Cake
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 pkg. devil's food cake mix
- 1 pkg. (4 serving size) vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 6 ounces choc. covered peanut butter cups ( 10 large or 21 6 oz. dark mildly sweet choc.candy bar, chopped)
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- Greased and flour two round layer cake pans.
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to pkg. directions.
- Cool in pans on rack 15 min.
- Remove from pans.
- Cool compl. on rack.
- Meanwhile, make filling: stir pudding andmilk in a med. size saucepan until smooth.
- Bring to a full boil. Put plastic wrap directly on surface of pudding to cover.
- Refrigrate about 15 min. to cool slightly. Remove wrap.
- Stir in chopped peanut butter cups until they melt slightlyinto pudding.
- Cover surface agian and return to frig to cool completely. Just before assembling, make icing:Put choc. in small bowl.
- Heat cream in a small pot over low heat until mall bubbles form around edges.
- Add to choc. in a slow steady stream beating constantly with whisk or mixer about 4 min. until choc. melts and mixtur thickens to spreading consistency.
- To assemble: put 1 cake layer top side down on serving plate.
- Spread filling to edes. Cover with remaining cake layer top side uo; press gently.
- Spread icing on top; smooth with spatula.