ham and cheese calizones
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- garlic- 1 clove
- 8 ounces diced coooked ham (2 cups)
- 1 cup grated monzzarella cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 cup grated cheese of choice
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 lb. frozen bread dough, thawed
- heat oven to 425º. in small skillet, over medium heat,heat oil, add onion and garlic, cook 5 minutes, stirring occationally
- meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine ham, cheeses, parsley and pepper. stir in onion mixture until well mixed, set aside.
- cut break dough into 6 equal parts. with rolling pin on lightly floured surface, roll each piece into 6 in. round. spoon ham mixture into center of each, dividing evenly.
- brush edges lightly with water. fold each round of dough over filing to form half moon shape, press edges with fork.
- arrange calzones on ungreased baking sheet, making sure edges do not touch. bake 15-20 until puffed and goldened.