spaghetti with fresh mushroom sauce
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 2 tbs. butter
- 1/4 c. finely chopped green onions
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, cliced thin (4 c.)
- 1/3 c. madeira wine (optional)
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1 tbs. parsley
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 9 oz. dry fettuccine, cooked and drained
- melt butter in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. add onions and mushrooms. cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring 2 or 3 times, until mushrooms release their liquid. add wine; increase heat to hight. boil about 4 minutes until 1 tbs. liquid remains. add cream and bring to a boil. reduce heat to medium. simmer 5 to 7 minutes until sauce thickens. stir in parsley, salt and pepper. cover sauce and keep warm over low heat until ready to serve or pour over pasta in a large bowl tossing to coat and mix.
makes 2 main dishes or 4 appetizer servings.