Swiss Steak - Crockpot
Source of Recipe
Better Homes and Garden
List of Ingredients
- 1 1/2 pounds beef round steak, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 3 T flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 1 16-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- Cut meat into serving size pieces (about 6). Combine flour and salt: Pound 2 T of the flour mixture into the meat.
- In a skillet brown meat on both sides in hot olive oil. Put the meat in crockpot.
- In the same skillet with the pan drippings stir in the rest of the flour mixture. Add undrained tomatoes, onion, celery, carrot, and Worcestershire.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly; pour over meat in the crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 8 - 10 hours.
- Serve with hot cooked noodles or rice.