Garlic Mashed Potatoes w/skin
Source of Recipe
Hubby likes these with his steak. He's a steak and potato man!
List of Ingredients
- 3 lbs of red potato; cubed. Leave skins on.
- 6 cloves garlic cloves, peeled
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- In a pot, place potatoes and garlic; add enough water to cover. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and cook 20 25 minutes of until potatoes are tender. Drain and return to saucepan.
- Heat potatoes over low heat about 1 minute, shaking pan often to keep potatoes from sticking and burning, to dry potatoes (this will help make mashed potatoes fluffier). Mash potatoes and garlic in pan with potato masher until no lumps remain.
- In another pot, heat milk, whipping cream, butter, salt and pepper over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted; reserve and refrigerate 1/4 cup mixture. Add remaining milk mixture in small amounts to potatoes, mashing after each addition, until potatoes are light and fluffy.
- Spray a 2 quart casserole with cooking spray. Spoon potatoes into the casserole. You can cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Heat over to 350. Pour reserved milk mixture over potatoes. Bake uncovered 40 - 45 minutes or until hot. Stir potatoes before serving.
Fat: 17g (saturated 9g)
Carbs: 33 (fiber: 3g; sugars 2g
RECIPE CONTINUESPREV SECTION | NEXT SECTION