Sesame Chinese-Style Vegies
Source of Recipe
Better Homes and Garden
Great in the summer time.
List of Ingredients
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 T cooking oil
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups broccoli flowerets
- 12 oz fresh aspargus, woody ends trimmed
- 2 small yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4 oz fresh mushrooms (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 T sesame seeds
- 2 medium green onions, sliced
- Sauce: In a small bowl stir together soy sauce, sugar, and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Pour cooking oil into a 12 inch skillet. Preheat over medium-high heat. Stir fry ginger and garlic in the hot oil for 15 seconds. Add broccoli and aspargus; stir fry about 4 minutes or until vegies are crisp-tender. Remove broccoli mixture from skillet.
- Add squash, mushrooms and sesame seed to the hot wok; stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Return broccoli mixture to skillet.
- Pour sauce over vegies. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 mintues more or until heated through. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 -6 side dish servings.