Southwest Spring Rolls
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 cup cooked, seasoned yellow rice
- 10 or 12 ounce package frozen whole kernnel corn
- 1 pablano pepper diced
- 1 yellow pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili pepper
- 1 cup seasoned, cooked black beans
- 2 tablespoons Thai chili sauce
- 12 ounces shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
- 4 tablespoons sifted cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- Thaw and saute corn until lightly brown. (I use butter but any oil will do.)
- Add all diced vegetables and dry seasonings to corn and saute about 5 more minutes.
- Chill in refrigerator.
- Drain beans.
- After rice mixture is cold, add beans, Thai chili sauce, and shredded cheese.
- Mix cornstarch and water together and use to seal edges of egg roll wrappers. (Just brush the edges of the top 2 sides of the diamond. See directions on egg roll wrapper if you do not know how to roll them.)
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of mixture into each egg roll wrapper.
- Deep-fry until desired browness and serve.
I usually cut them diagonally and serve with a jalapeno ranch dipping sauce.