Roasted Red Pepper Soup
Source of Recipe
Soup book I bought at grocery store, plus my added touches
List of Ingredients
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 qt chicken broth or stock
- 1 jar (aprox 8 oz) roasted red peppers, packed in water.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup half and half
- Place first three ingredients into a 2 qt saucepan. Cover the vegetables with just enough of the chicken broth to cover the vegetables. Bring to boil then simmer until all vegetables are very tender. Remove pan from burner and let cool for approximately 15 minutes, do not drain off liquid.
- Meanwhile, pour the jar of roasted red peppers into a sieve or collander and rinse. Pick off any black charred skin from the peppers and discard along with any seeds. Cube the peppers (reserve a small amount as garnish for the soup, if desired).
- When vegetables have cooled enough to blend, add the red pepper cubes, then place half of the vegetable/broth mixture into a blender and puree very fine, repeat with the other half of vegetables.
- Stir the pureed vegetables into the remaining chicken broth.
- Heat soup until very hot, then add butter and salt. Slowly add the half & half and reheat just until hot, do not boil.
- Serve with oyster crackers.
I hope you get compliments! Enjoy!
RECIPE CONTINUESPREV SECTION | NEXT SECTION