Guys' Groovin' Jambalaya
This dish is good all by itself, or as you'll see, used in various ways with other recipes.
List of Ingredients
- 2-3 lbs. smoked sausage (sliced 1/4'")
- 5-6 chicken breast halves (skinless) cubed
- 3 carrots chopped
- 3 pcs. celery chopped leaves intact
- 2 med. onions chopped
- 1-1 1/2 green peppers chopped
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 lg. cans stewed tomatoes chopped
- 1 bottle White Zinfandel or Grenache wine
- 1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
- 2 c. instant rice
- 3 T. beef boullion
- 2 T. chicken boullion
- 1 T. cajun or jambalaya seasoning
- 1/2 pt. cream
- 2 C. water (optional)
- 4 T. olive oil
- In large stock pot, heat olive oil til hot.Add smoked sausage, cook until turning brown. Add chicken, cook until not pink.
- Add veggies, cook until starting to get tender (except carrots, They'll still be hard)
- Add tomatoes, seasonings, garlic, and soup mix. cook until well incorporated approx. 8-10 minutes.
- Add wine, cook approx. 1 hr. stirring often.
- Add rice, cook 1/2 hr.Mixture should be very thick. add more rice if needed.
- If you want it a little thinner add water.
- When done, stir in cream. turn off heat and EAT!!!!!
This mixture freezes and stores well!!
Tips:Add cayenne for heat/ or favorite seafood,shrimp scallops,clams, whatever!!!