Lemon Surprise Cookies
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups butter or margarine softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped almonds
- 13 ounce package of candy kisses, unwrapped
- powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a large bowl combine sugar, margarine and lemon extract, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and almonds, beat at low speed until well blended. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Take 1 tablespoon dough, and roll around 1 candy kiss, covering completely. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat process until cookie sheet is full.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes or until cookies are set and bottom edges are lightly golden. Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute before removing from sheet.
- Allow cookies to completely cool. Lightly sprinkle powdered sugar over cookies. Combine chocolate chips and shortening over low heat stir until melted and smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set.
These cookies do not freeze well, the texture seems to change after freezing.