Source of Recipe
Grandma Walker's recipe collection: Marcia and Elaine should be happy to see this recipe. Grandma made these wonderful cookies every Thanksgiving. Marcia and Elaine have been Known to count the cookies, to make sure that neither one got any more than the other.
List of Ingredients
- COOKIE INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup real butter
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups flour
- sugar (granulated)
- CREAMY BUTTER FILLING:
- 1/4 cupsoft butter
- 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- food coloring (pink or green)
- COOKIE: Measure flour.
- Mix butter, cream, and flour thoroughly.
- Chill for one hour.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll dough 1/8 inch thick on lightly floured board.
- Cut into 1 1/2 inch rounds.
- Transfer to waxed paper heavily sprinkled with sugar, turning to coat both sides.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Prick in 4 places with a fork.
- Bake 7-9 minutes, or until slightly puffy.
- Put 2 cooled cookies together with filling inbetween cookies.
- Blend 1/4 cup soft butter, 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar, egg yolk, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Tint pink or green.