Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 cup soft shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tarter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Mix shortening, sugar, and eggs thoroughly.
- Sift together flour, cream of tarter, baking soda, and salt. Stir into shortening, sugar, and egg mixture.
- Chill dough.
- Roll dough onto balls the size of walnuts.
- Roll dough balls into topping mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place about 2 inches apart on LIGHTLY greased baking sheet.
- Bake until lightly browned, but still soft (these cookies puff up at first, then flatten out with a crinkled top).
- Baking time 8-10 minutes
- Makes about 6 dozen 2 inch cookies.