Ovation Onion Rings
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1/2 vadalia onion
- 1/4 cup egg beaters
- 1/4 cup all prupose flour
- 1/2 cup corn flakes cereal
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Pam olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 475 F, preheat un-prepared pan.
- Slice onion and seperate into rings.
- Dip rings in egg beaters, then very lightly in the flour, cayenne pepper, then in the crushed cornflakes. Only if needed, you may dip in the egg beaters a second time between flour and cornflakes.
- Spray heated pan with Pam and spread rings onto cookie sheet in a single layer. Spray tops of rings with Pam.
- Place in hot oven and bake until golden and crispy. Serve immediately.
Number of servings: 2
Food Mover Windows to Close Per Serving:
1 starch, 1 vegetable
Tip: These onion rings are crispy and light; you won't believe that they have no fat. I have no doubt that you will give this recipe a standing ovation. You can get Vidalia onions in most supermarkets or they can be ordered through a mail order catalog. Corn flakes works best in this recipe but you can use other flake cereals or even bread crumbs if you want to.