Pocket Pork Chops
Source of Recipe
Even pigs are on a diet these days so that pork is far leaner then it used to be, making it a good meat choice.
Makes 2 servings
List of Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons defatted chicken stock
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 small apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1/2 slice whole wheat bread, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Dash each salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian herbs
- 2 1-inch thick pork lion chops
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In small skillet heat chicken stock and saute onion, mushrooms and apple until onion is translucent.
- In a small bowl or cup pour boiling water over raisins. Set aside a few minutes until raisins are "plumped". Drain.
- Stir raisins, breadcrumbs, parsley and seasonings into mixture in skillet.
- Cut a deep pocket in each pork chop. Fill with stuffing and secure with wooden picks.
- In skillet coated with non-stick spray, brown chops quickly on both sides.
- Place chops side by side in small baking dish. Pour in a little water (just enough to cover bottom of dish).
- Cover and bake 35 to 45 minutes, or until done.
- Serve chops with applesauce.
DEAL-A-MEAL cards used:
1 Bread, 3 Meat, 1 Vegetable, 1 Fruit
"DEAL-A-MEAL Golden Edition Cookbook, pg. 140/141"