Top Of The Stove Casserole
Source of Recipe
Believe it or not, it is just as fast to make this from scratch as it would be if you used one of those packaged "helper" products. I know because I tried it. An added advantage in making a dish from scratch is your knowledge that everything in it is fresh and of course much lower in sodium than a packaged product. This is one of those basic recipes that you can play around with and change to suit your own taste buds. You can't go wrong if you just remember to keep track of the card values.
Makes 4 servings
List of Ingredients
- 12 ounces ground turkey
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup canned, Ready Cut tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 -1/3 cups (4 ounces) uncooked noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley (to garnish)
In a large non-stick skillet coated with non-stick spray, saute turkey, garlic, onion and green pepper until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add zucchini and saute 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, stock, noodles, and poultry seasoning.
- Cover and simmer 10 to 20 minutes, or until noodles are cooked.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with parsley.
DEAL-A-MEAL cards used:
1 Bread, 3 Meat, 1 Vegetable, 1 Joker*
"DEAL-A-MEAL Golden Edition Cookbook, pg. 136/137"
*1 Joker is equivalent to 1/2 extra on the foodmover.