Enlightened Candie Cookies
Source of Recipe
Diabetic Cooking Magazine
Makes 36 cookies
(1 cookie per serving)
List of Ingredients
- 1/2 cup margarine with no trans fat
- 1/2 cup Splenda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup skim milk or unsweetened soymilk
- 1/2 cup reduced fat peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups quick cooking oats (uncooked)
- Melt margarine, Splenda and sugar in saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Use a whisk to stir in cocoa powder and milk and cook, stirring until smooth, for 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from hear and use a spatula to stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Add oats and mix until well blended.
- With wet fingers drop mixture by the heaping teaspoonfulls, onto waxed paper. Let sit until cookies are firm, about 2 hours.
1/2 starch, 1 fat
Nutrients Per Serving:
Total fat: 4g
Cal. from Fat: 47%