Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
List of Ingredients
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup almonds, finely chopped
1/2 cup butter-flavor shortening
2 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup sugar
3/4 tsp almond extract
1 cup raspberry preserves
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray vegetable non-stick cooking spray over
select a 9x13-inch baking pan to prepare bars.
2) In large mixing bowl, blend together the flour, brown sugar and finely chopped
almonds. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Reserve 1/2 cup of the
crumb mixture for part of the topping.
3) Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of the selected baking pan. Bake for
10-15 minutes, until the edges are golden.
4) In a separate bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, eggs and almond extract
until smooth. Pour the mixture over the hot bar base layer just removed from the oven.
Return the cream cheese filling to the oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
5) While still warm from the oven, spread the Raspberry preserves evenly over the top
of the cream cheese filling. In a small bowl, combine the flaked coconut and the sliced
almonds with the reserved crumb mixture. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the top of
the melting raspberry preserves.
6) Return the raspberry and cream cheese bars to the oven for 15 minutes. Remove
from the oven and let cool, chill for 3 hours prior to serving. Refrigerate to store.