Lemon Asparagus Chicken with Dill
Dietary exchanges: 2 starch, 2 veg., 2-1/2 meat.
Nutrients per serving: Cal:339, Total fat:7g, Carb.:42g, Chol.:52mg, Fiber:2g, Cal. from fat:19%, Sat.Fat:1g, Protein:25g, Sodium:725mg
List of Ingredients
1/2 cup cooked rice
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
1/2 cup water
1 cup 2-inch asparagus pieces
Nonstick cooking spray
6 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1-1/2 teaspoons dried dill weed
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
1. Prepare rice according to package directions, adding bouillon granules to water.
2. Meanwhile, place 1/2 cup water in 12-inch nonstick skillet, bring to boil. Add asparagus, return to boil; reduce heat, simmer, covered, 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside. Wipe out skillet with paper towel.
3. Coat same skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken, cook and stir 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir frequently with two utensils to toss easily. Remove from heat; add asparagus. Cover and keep warm.
4. Combine lemon juice, oil, dill and salt in a small bowl.
5. Add rice, lemon juice mixture, and parsley to chicken mixture and stir until blended.
Makes 2 (1-1/2 cup) servings.
Lemon Chicken with peas and dill: substitute 1/2 cup thawed frozen peas for asparagus, omitting water. Add peas to chicken in step 3 after chicken is cooked.