Sour Cream Pineapple Muffins
List of Ingredients
8 ounces crushed pineapple
2 tablespoons orange marmalade -- * see note
1 cup oats
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup vegetable shortening
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
* Substitute apricot jam for the marmalade if preferred.
1. Combine undrained pineapple, marmalade, oats and sour cream. Let stand 10-15 minutes.
2. Cream together the shortening and brown sugar. Blend in the beaten egg.
3. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Blend the three mixtures together.
4. Place in large greased muffin pans. Bake at 400 degrees for about 23-27 minutes.