Brownie Caramel Cheesecake
Source of Recipe
Ron & Melba
Makes 16 servings
Prep: 30 minutes
Chill: 4 to 24 hours
Bake: 15 minutes plus 45 minutes
List of Ingredients
8-ounce package brownie mix
1 tablespoon water
1 14-ounce package vanilla caramels (about 48 caramels)
1 5-ounce can evaporated milk (2/3 cup)
3 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup chopped chocolate-covered toffee bar (one 1.4-ounce bar)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Grease a 10-inch springform pan; set aside. For crust, in a medium bowl stir together brownie mix, the 1 egg, and the water. Spread into the bottom of prepared springform pan. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan combine caramels and evaporated milk; cook and stir over medium-low heat until caramels are melted and smooth;. Remove from heat. Remove 1/2 cup of the melted caramel mixture; cover and refrigerate until serving time.
3. For filling, in a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Add the 3 eggs, all at once, beating on low speed just until combined.
4. Pour filling over brownie layer. Drizzle remaining melted caramel mixture over filling. Swirl gently with a knife. Bake in preheated oven about 45 minutes or until center appears nearly set when gently shaken.
5. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen edge from side of pan; cool for 30 minutes more. Remove side of the pan; cool cheesecake completely. Cover; chill for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours before serving. (Cake may crack where caramel mixture is swirled in.)
6. Before serving, heat reserved caramel mixture; drizzle over cheesecake. Sprinkle with chopped toffee bar. Makes 16 servings.
Nutritional facts per serving
calories: 433, total fat: 24g, saturated fat: 14g, cholesterol: 111mg, sodium: 316mg, carbohydrate: 48g, fiber: 1g, protein: 9g