Source of Recipe
Planning Tip: Can be made 1 day ahead.
List of Ingredients
11/3 cups sugar
11/4 cups milk
1 pkt unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup water
Yolks from 8 large eggs
3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups heavy (whipping) cream
Garnish: sliced strawberries and kiwi
1. Heat sugar and milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves.
2. Meanwhile sprinkle gelatin over water in a small bowl; let soften 1 minute.
3. Whisk egg yolks in a medium bowl. Slowly whisk in about 1 cup milk mixture. Add to saucepan and stir over low heat about 3 minutes until slightly thickened.
4. Remove from heat; immediately stir in gelatin mixture, lemon juice and salt. Let come to room temperature.
5. Beat cream with mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted. Using a whisk, slowly and gently whisk lemon mixture into cream. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
6. To serve: Spoon lemon cream onto dessert plates. Serve with strawberries and kiwi