Peachy Whole-Grain Cookies (Diabetic)
Source of Recipe
Book: Magic Menus for People with Diabetes
Makes 30 servings
Serving size: 1 cookie
List of Ingredients
1 egg white
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 cup margarine, softened
6 tablespoons sugar
6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
1/4 cup diced peaches
1/4 cup chopped dates
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat egg white with extract, margarine, and sugars in mixing bowl.
3. Combine flour, salt, and baking powder. Add to egg mixture and mix well with electric mixer.
4. Stir in oats, peaches, and dates. Drop by rounded (not heaping) tablespoonfuls onto nonstick cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden