Delicious Oven French Fries
Source of Recipe
Find French fries hard to resist? Here's a version to give in to.
Yield: 5 servings Serving size: 1 cup
List of Ingredients
4 (about 2 lbs) large potatoes
8 cups ice water
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp white pepper
1/4 tsp allspice
1 tsp hot pepper flakes
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Scrub potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch strips.
2. Place potato strips in ice water, cover, and chill for 1 hour or longer.
3. Remove potatoes and dry strips thoroughly.
4. Place garlic powder, onion powder, salt, white pepper, allspice, and pepper flakes in plastic bag.
5. Toss potatoes in spice mixture.
6. Brush potatoes with oil.
7. Place potatoes in non-stick shallow baking pan.
8. Cover with aluminium foil and place in 475 degrees F oven for 15 minutes.
9. Remove foil and continue baking uncovered for additional 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Turn fries occasionally to brown on all sides.
Each serving provides:
Calories: 238 Total fat: 4 g Saturated fat: 1 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 163 mg Total fiber: 5 g Protein: 5 g Carbohydrates: 48 g Potassium: 796 mg