Green Onion Cheese Balls
Source of Recipe
This makes 3 cheese balls about 1 cup each. They make good gifts, but you should really save one for yourself!
List of Ingredients
- 2 c. (8 oz) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 c. (8 oz) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 c finely chopped green onions
- 2 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- chili powder
- Combine cheeses, green onions and pepper sauce in a large bowl. Beat with mixer until well blended.
- Shape into 3 balls.
- Roll in chli powder
- Wrap in plastic wrap and store in refrigerator.
One of these cheese balls, some good crackers and a bottle of either wine or sparkling fruit juice makes a wonderful gift when placed in an appropriate basket. I like to decorate a very small grape vine wreath to place over the top of the beverage bottle to make it mor festive.