Yasuko's Egg Rolls
Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
- 1 head cabbage, finely chopped (or a bag of slaw mix)
- 5 green onions , chopped
- a handful of bean sprouts (optional)
- 1 lb. ground beef + 1 lb. hot sausage, crumbled, browned and drained
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 4 egg yolks (save whites)
- 3 tbls. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbls. sugar
- 1 tsp. MSG (I leave this out)
- Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Hot Chinese Mustard
- In a large container combine meat, cabbage, sprouts, and green onions. Cover with water which contains about 2 TBLS. salt. Allow to set 30 minutes and drain well.
- In a small bowl, combine ginger, egg yolks, soy sauce, sugar, garlic powder and MSG. Add to cabbage mixture.
- Fill egg roll wrappers as shown on packaging (use an egg white and water to seal the egg roll).
- Deep fry at 350-375° until browned. Remove and drain on paper to remove excess oil.
- Cut in half at an angle and serve with Sweet and Sour Sauce and Hot Mustard.
Be sure to cook at the last minute to avoid soggy wrappers!