Almond Fruit Crescent Coffee Cake
Please see closing comment for the glaze for this coffee cake.
List of Ingredients
- 2/3 c. ground almonds
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 2 tbls. flour
- 2 tbls. butter, softened
- 2 tsp.grated lemon peel
- 3/4 tsp. almond extract
- 1/3 c. mixed candied fruit
- 2 (8 oz) cans crescent rolls
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1-2 tsp. milk
- Pre-heat oven to 375°.
- In medium bowl, combine almonds, sugar, flour, butter, lemon peel and almond extract, stir well.
- Stir in the candied fruit.
- Open and unroll the crescent dough and seperate into 16 triangles.
- Place about 1 tbls. of the mixture on each triangle
- Roll loosely to the point.
- place 9 rolls, point side down in spoke fashion in ungreased 9 inch pie plan. Place remaining 7 rolls around edges of pan. Bake 2030 minutes until deep golden beown and center is no longer dough.
- Allow to stand 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Bake until golden brown (about 20-30 minutes).
- Allow to cool about 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- GLAZE:Mix ingredients well and drizzle over warm cake.