An unusual type of pancake that you may know as a "Dutch Baby Pancake"
List of Ingredients
- 3 tbls. butter
- 4 lg. eggs
- 1 c. milk
- 1 c. flour
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place butter in a 10-12 inch oven proof frying pan or casserole dish. (I use a cast iron skillet.) Place that in the oven until butter is lightly browned, about 7-8 minutes.
- While the butter melts, combine eggs, milk and flour in a blender or food processor. Whirl until very smooth. (Optional technique:beat eggs and flour to mix well; add milk and bet until very smooth.)
- Pour the batter into the hot pan in the oven
- Bake until pancake is a rich golden brown and the sides have puffed (25-30 minutes).
- Sift powdered sugar liberally over pancake and cut into wedges to serve.
- Serve immediately with fruit for a very special breakfast.
For the fruit, be adventurous... my personal preference is sugared strawberries and banana.