Chocolate Caramel Cake
Source of Recipe
So rich, so sweet and so much more than anything but your taste buds can tell you.
List of Ingredients
- 1 lb. caramels,
- 1/2 c. evaporated milk (not sweetened condensed milk)
- 1 full size German Chocolate Cake Mix
- 3/4 c butter (softened)
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- 1 c. nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Unwrap caramels and melt in top of double boiler with evaprated milk.
- Meanwhile, substituting for oil, mix cake mix according to directions.
- Grease and flour 9" x 13" cake pan; pour in half of batter and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour on caramel sauce; top with remaining cake batter.
- Bake an additon 30 minutes.
This is one my Mom ("Nanny") loved to take to pot lucks. It never failed to bring rave reviews.