Orange Flavored Chocolate Truffles
I've always loved the combination of chocolate and orange. This satisfies that craving when it hits and they are so easy its shameful.
List of Ingredients
- 1/3 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 c. real butter
- 6 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbls. grated orange zest*
- 1 tsp. orange extract
- Suggested coatings:
- ground pistachio's
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- powdered sugar
- chocolate jimmies
- Using a small but heavy saucepan, stir the cream and chocolate chips over medium heat until chocolate is almost melted and starting to bubble.
- Remove from heat. Continue to stir until all of the chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the orange zest and orange extract. Pour into a shallow baking pan and refrigerate for about 40 minutes.
- Now is a good time to put 2-3 tbls. of the coatings into shallow, individual dishes that you can roll the truffles in easily.
- Cut the cold chocolate into 24 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and then in one of the coatings. (About 6 per coating).
- Place the balls int the 1 inch little paper cups that are designed for bon bons.
- Using an air tight container, store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. (Be sure you keep them well hidden though.)
* Orange zest in just another name for grated orange peel.