Crockpot Chile Verde (Green Chile)
A real friend on cold days !
I really prefer fresh or frozen chilies, but I will used canned if I don't have them.
List of Ingredients
- 1 lb. pork, cubed
- 1 lb. ground beef
- salt & pepper
- 2 onions, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (about 14-16 oz. each)
- about 1 lb. of roasted, peeled & diced green chilies (or 4-6 small cans diced green chiles)
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tbls. dried parsley
- Dredge pork in seasoned flour and brown well in vegetable oil. Transfer pork to crock pot.
- Break up and brown off ground beef. Add beef to crock pot. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sautee onion and garlic in same pan as meat was cooked until onions are tender. Transfer to crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients to crock pot. Cover and cook on LOW for 8-9 hours.
To extend the number of servings and reduce fat per serving, try serving over a bed of rice.