Standing Rib Roast from "The Fort"
Served as a holiday entree, this recipe comes from a wondeful restaurant at Morrison, CO. called "The Fort".
List of Ingredients
- 1 large onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 large carrot, peeled, coarsly chopped
- 1 stalk celery, coarsely chopped
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 3 tbls. flour
- 2 tbls. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbls. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 lb. standing rib roast
- Puree all but the meat in a food processor.
- Place beef in a roasting pan. Rub beef with vegetable and herb puree, covering completely. Let beef stand 1 hour at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 500°. Roast beef 20 minutes. Reduce temperature to 375°. Continue roasting beef until thermometer inserted in center registers 125°, about an hour and 45 minutes longer. Remove roast from oven. Let stand 20 minutes. Slice and roast and serve.
This will serve up to 8 people but its so delicious, we find folks often want a second helping.