This is one I got from my daughter. Rather than a creamy dressing, the vegetables are marinated in a type of oil and vinegar dressing.
List of Ingredients
- 4 c. shredded cabbage
- 1 green pepper, chopped fine
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 c. salad oil
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 c. cider vinegar
- 1 c. sugar (or equivelant artificial sweetner)
- salt to taste
- Place vegetables in a large bowl.
- Combine all dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Pour over the vegetables and allow to marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
This is safer to take for picnics and potlucks, because it contains no mayonnaise.