Janette's Caramel Corn
Source of Recipe
What tastes better than really good homemade Caramel Corn? Try this recipe and see if you can come up with an answer.
List of Ingredients
- 2 full sized bags popped microwave popcorn
- 2 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 c butter
- 1/2 c white corn syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- optional: 1 cup Spanish Peanuts (or nuts of choice)
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Place popped corn is a large heat safe bowl. Add peanuts if desired
- Combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and soda, quickly stir and pour over popped corn, being sure to turn and mix so all corn gets some of the syrup.
- Place in 2 baking pans 9" x 13" and put into oven
- Stir every 15 minutes
- Bake for 45 minutes; remove and allow to cool
- Store in air tight containers.