Special Occasion Mashed Potatoes
I've never found a potatoe recipe that compares with this... I'm not certain of its origin, but it was given to me by a friend. Every year this is her much requested dish for our get togethers.
List of Ingredients
- 12 servings prepared Instant Mashed Potatoes per package directions.
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 1 tbls. chopped chives (optional)
- 1/4-1/2 tbls. stick butter, melted
- grated cheddar cheese
- To the prepared instant potatoes, add sour cream, garlic salt, cream cheese and if desired the chives. Combine well.
- Place in a 2 quart baking dish (or 9 x 13 baking dish).
- Pour the melted butter evenly over the top.
- Generously sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
Be sure you use a good quality of Instant Potates for the best results.
Too good not to have seconds!