Source of Recipe
This is a cereal that holds up really well to milk. Makes a great snack, too.
List of Ingredients
- 3 c. regular rolled oats
- 1/2 c. toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 c. coarsely chopped hazelnuts or sliced almonds
- 1/3 c. honey
- 1/2 t. finely shredded orange peel
- 1/3 c. orange juice
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 1 c. shredded coconut
- Mix oats, wheat germ and nuts.
- In a small saucepan, mix honey, orange peel, orange juice and cinnamon. Heat just until boiling. Remove from heat and add to oat mix. Toss to coat.
- Spray a 15 x 10 pan with Pam. Spread oat mix in pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes. Add coconut and mix. Bake 15 - 20 minutes. Remove from oven and turn out onto a sheet of foil.
This will last at room temperature for 2 weeks. If frozen, 3 months.