Apple Pie a la Mode Parfaits
Source of Recipe
Cooking Light Magazine August 2004
List of Ingredients
- 4 ½ c. chopped peeled cooking apple
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1 t. apple-pie spice
- 3 c. oatmeal cooky crumbs (about 4 oz., crushed)
- 3 c. low-fat ice cream, softened
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Uncover; simmer 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Spoon into a bowl; cover and chill.
- Spoon 1 T. cooky crumbs into each of 8 (8-oz.) glasses; top each with ¼ c. apple mixture and 3 T. ice cream. Repeat the layers once, ending with ice cream. Serve immediately.