Source of Recipe
List of Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening or butter
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 4 T buttermilk or sour milk
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 scant tsp salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
- Mix the sugar, shortening and beaten egg yolks together.
- Add the milk with the soda, vanilla and salt.
- Mix well. Add banana and flour.
- Fold in egg whites(beaten) and nuts.
- Grease pans. Bake at 350 degrees oven for 45 minutes.
- This makes 1 large loaf and 1 small loaf.
- Freezes well.
RECIPE CONTINUESPREV SECTION | NEXT SECTION