Banana Nut French Toast
Source of Recipe
Adapted from Martha Stewart
This can be done low fat by using Egg Beaters and no fat milk with no loss to taste
List of Ingredients
1 1/2 cup walnut halves
6 large eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of ground nutmeg
Pinch of salt
8 ripe but firm bananas, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch rounds
1 1/2 cups packed dark-brown sugar
1 loaf Italian bread, torn into pieces
Pure maple syrup, for serving (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350º. Place walnut halves on a rimmed baking sheet, and toast until lightly browned and
fragrant, about 10 minutes. Set aside. When cool, chop walnuts coarsely.
2. Grease large lasagna pan.
3. Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a medium
bowl, and set aside. Combine 6 bananas, dark-brown sugar, and toasted walnuts in another bowl.
4. Place bread in pan. Top with banana mixture. Toss lightly together to distribute.
5. Pour egg/milk mixture over bread,; soak overnight.
6. When ready to bake, heat oven temperature to 350º.
7. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until done (knife comes out dry when tested)
8. Dust with confectioners sugar
9. Top with fresh slices of banana