Creamy Tarragon Chicken
Source of Recipe
Taste of Home
List of Ingredients
- 7 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup water
- 2 ounces deli ham, chopped
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons dried tarrgon
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups frozen broccoli-cauliflower blend, thawed
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 1/2 cups orzo pasta
- Add the first 10 ingredients to a 5 quart slow cooker container. Cover and cook on low 6 to 7 hours.
- Remove the three chicken breast halves; cool and save for another use.
- Stir vegetables and cream into the slow cooker. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until vegetables are heated through.
- Meanwhile, cook orzo according to package directions. Serve with chicken and vegetables.
- Serves 4.