Thai Shrimp and Sesame Noodles
Source of Recipe
Good Housekeeping, Jan '94
List of Ingredients
1 lb. med. shrimp, shelled and deveined
1 8 oz. bottle light Italian dressing
2 tbsp. chunky peanut butter
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. honey
1 tsp. grated peeled gingerroot
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 8 oz. pckg. angel hair pasta
1 tbsp. oriental sesame oil
1 med. carrot, shredded
1 c. green onions, chopped
2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
1. In medium bowl mix shrimp with 1/3 c. salad dressing. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. In small bowl, with wire whisk or fork, mix peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, ginger, red pepper and remaining salad dressing; set aside.
3. After shrimp has marinated for 1 hour, prepare pasta. Drain.
4. Meanwhile, in 4 qt. saucepan, over high heat, heat salad oil and sesame oil til very hot. In hot oil, cook carrot 1 minute. Drain off dressing from shrimp. Add shrimp and green onion to carrot and cook, stirring constantly about 3 minutes or til shrimp turns pink and opaque.
5. In large bowl, toss pasta with peanut butter mixture, shrimp mixture and chopped cilantro. Garnish with cilantro sprig. Makes 4 main dish servings.
Note: Instead of shrimp, you can substitute 4 med. skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut crosswise into thin strips.