Chicken Pot Pie
Source of Recipe
Traci F. (Classic Crisco Double Pie Crust Recipe is used for the pie crust)
List of Ingredients
- 2 Level C All Purpose Flour
- 1 Level tsp. Salt
- 3/4 Level Cup of Crisco All Vegetable Shortening
- 5 tbsp Cold Water
- Diced Chicken leftover from baked chicken or you can use canned chicken breast)
- 1 Can of Mixed Veggies OR 1 cup frozen veggies
- 1 Can of Cream of Mushroom, chicken, celery or your favorite Cream of Whatever
- Preheat oven to 425.CRUST: Mix Flour and Salt in medium bowl. Cut in Crisco with a pastry blender or 2 knives until all flour is blended into pea sized chunks.
- Sprinkle with water 1 tbs. at a time.Toss lightly with fork until dough will form a ball
- Divide dough in half.Press between hands to form two 5-6 inch pancakes
- Flour dough lightly.Roll each pancake separately into circles between two sheets of waxed paper on dampened countertop.
- Peel off top sheet.Flip one crust into pie plate. Use a fork to make several punctures in bottom crust
- Bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes
- FILLING: Mix all ingredients together.
- Pour filling evenly into cooked pie shell
- Place top pie crust on top of filling and flute the edges of your pie. Make several slits in top crust to vent steam.
- Bake until Crust is golden.
You can use a store bought pie crust to save time.