Peanut Butter Fudge
List of Ingredients
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. margarine
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup peanut butter
- Combine sugar, syrup, milk and salt in a medium saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.
- Cover pan for 1 minute. to allow the steam to wash down sugar crystals that stick to sides of pan.
- Uncover and cook without stirring until thermo. reaches 236 degrees or soft ball stage.
- Remove from heat. Add butter. Cool to luke warm 110 degrees. Add vanilla and peanut butter.
- Beat until candy begins to thicken and looses gloss. Turn onto buttered pan. Score with knife. Cool.